Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Letter to the Future - Dear Chloe,.


*I wrote this for my Fresher's competition in LSR. This one's inspired by a post in Tejaswee rao's Blog - I.M.A.O.*

29th Sept, 2010


Dear Chloe,
Weird. Me writing to you even though I know someday I’m gunna read this out anyways.

I’ve always wanted to have you. For the last18 years and three days. Ever since I was born. Or, erm minus a month and three days because I probably wouldn’t have known then what it is like to have a pet dog of your own. =) But, Mum wouldn’t let me have you only.

People say you can’t talk to dogs, or rather bitches like in your case. I know I can. If I can talk to my 300-page dairy (which keeps running out of pages), for the last six years, I can talk to you too.

I plan to have you in six more years. Mum won’t have a problem then. At least she says so. Six years. It’s a target I have like those people in the investment and sales industry do. Get four customers in two days.
*Get a house. A good place to work in. A charm bracelet for my bestie. You.*

So, here you get to know who your future best friend is.

I’m eighteen. Just into college. Still overwhelmed about how I grew up so fast. (I turned into an adult just three days back!). And, out of home. And getting used to how to stay out of it. There’s no going back there again. Permanently. :/

I’m going through a very unexpected phase of life. So unexpected that I’m afraid it might change me a little. Others say it is good for me. I need to be changed. I don’t know.

Circumstances have made me insecure. Sometimes, I’m afraid if I’ll ever be able to have the pleasures of cuddling you. Of watching you sleep with you ear over my feet. Lapping up your milk and licking it on me with your teeny pink tongue. I know, you Beagles can be very cute. A neighbour had one too!

I’m afraid because I’ ve never really had what I’ve wanted. Not that I’m not happy with what I’ve got, but still.

I haven’t got THE badge of the head girl, I haven’t got to go to Columbia, I haven’t got an Honours , I haven’t got the boyfriend I wished I would. Christ! I didn’t even get NSS!
I don’t regret it. It’s just that I’ve been almost there and not had it.
I don’t want to have regrets with you.

I talk A LOT. And write. And take photographs all the time.
Along with you, I want a DSLR too. So that I can click amazing pictures of you and me together and store it in my Album- ‘Memories Forever’. =D

For your information, everyone calls me Pie. Not cutie-pie or sweety-pie or all that stuff. Just Pie. And, I love it. These days, I call myself Pie too. Although Nidhi ain’t all that bad a name.



I might not get everything in the future either but I know I’m gunna have you. And we’ll stay together in my house at Orange County where you’ll have plenty of people to play with, I promise.

I might not be the best person to take care of you. But then trust me, once yours ears get used to me, you’re gunna find it difficult to survive without me. :P

I’m very indecisive, so please don’t bother asking me about what to feed you. I’ll take you into the shop. Choose for yourself.

And, I’m not gunna put all those pinky-pinky dresses on you. I know you’re a bitch and everybody does that. But, No. I’m not everybody. You’ll have to stay my way. You adjust. I adjust.

I promise I’m not going to take you away from your mommy. I know how it feels to be far away. I’ll adopt you Chloe. And, I’ll take care of you like a mommy. Not literally of course. You know what I mean. ;)

Oh, you’ll love Sweta. She’s the one I stole your name from. She’s my best friend. And, she’s gunna be one frequent visitor. You might even get to stay with her. That’s what we planned. Both of us, you and two fish each. And Boyfriends. If needed.
Small Family. Happy Family.

Looking forward to amazing days with you.
Meet you in six years Chloe. If no one is gifting you to me, you are my ‘gifted-to-myself’ 24th birthday gift.
Until then, Lots of love,

Pie.

P. S. - I’m writing this letter for a competition. Yes. But, I’m gunna save a copy of it and make sure you listen to what all I have to say. In six years, I’m sure there’ll be much more to this. Cheers to us.

*Thanks Tejaswee. You're embedded in my memory forever. May your soul rest in peace.*

2 comments:

bhargava.pragati said...

Now we are left with two campaigns: A and C. Clearly now Campaign ‘A’ is the winner because it has the higher conversion rate. But wait a minute. We are not done yet. We are still not sure whether the difference between the conversion rates of campaign ‘A’ and Campaign ‘C’ are statistically significant. Let us assume that after conducting a statistical test we came to the conclusion that the difference in the conversion rates of the two campaigns can’t be proved to be statistically significant. Under these circumstances we cannot draw the conclusion that campaign ‘C’ is not performing better. So what we can do then. Well we need to collect more data to compute statistical significance of the difference in the conversion rates of the two campaigns. At this stage investing more money in campaign ‘A’ may not produce optimal results as you may think it will.


Statistically significant result is the result which is unlikely to have occurred by chance. Statistically insignificant result is likely to have occurred by chance.





Multi-channel Attribution Modeling is the key

It is the process of collecting and analyzing data from all of the marketing channels and using that data to determine the value of each channel. Using that data one can gain valuable insights and understand the success of the individual channels, how they affect each other, and their overall success as part of an integrated strategy. Multi-attribution collects data across all channels and aids in defining which marketing elements are the introducers, influencers, and closers. New software tools now exist that can follow a customer’s online purchasing path from their first search all the way to the purchase or conversion. It is important to track all of the various touch points in order to truly understand the value of each of your marketing channels.
What is done with the data?

• Use metrics in combination for daily optimization.
• Use campaign data for campaign planning regularly.
• Use customer journeys to understand the buying process.
• Refine attribution model on a quarterly basis.
• Integration of data that leads to traffic ( significant)
• Tracking of every relevant action /keywords
• Order value of customers who visit site once, twice or more than that-useful
Keeping in view
• Attributed Channels outlines which channels are contributing to and resulting in conversions.
• Path Length which reveals the number of interactions a customer had with your ads before converting.
• Time Lag tells the length of time it took between the first interaction with the campaign and the last before conversion.


The future — what’s happening next?
• Better integration of offline data
• Auto understanding of correlations.
• Interface with existing systems (CRM, for example).
• Improved attribution models.
• Support budget allocation.
• Auto optimization of campaigns or parts of them.
• How many steps did it take to get to a conversion?
• Is the conversion rate statistically significant?

bhargava.pragati said...

Attribution Modeling

Attribution modeling or Multi Channel Attribution Modeling is the process of collecting and analyzing data from all marketing channels and using that data to determine the value of each channel (organic and paid search, referrals, direct visits, email marketing, and other forms of Internet endorsements and advertisements).

Using this data valuable insights can be gained to understand the success of the individual channels, how they affect each other, and their overall success as part of an integrated strategy consequently informed marketing decisions which will help answer

1. Are our display ads working?
2. Are we measuring what matters; tracking both online and offline channels?
3. What’s a Viewable Conversion?
4. Are we using the data that we collect effectively?
5. How can we better quantify our branding efforts online?
6. Is holistic approach towards Multi Channel Analytics being followed?
7. Tracking online impact of offline campaigns
8. Tracking offline impact of online campaigns


Without the analytics, companies will never be able to discern where to put their limited resources
to provide services to their customers, better and higher levels for most important customers and tiered services for others. Intended or not for most companies’ radio, TV, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, retail stores, call centers form a bulk of their business advertising and marketing expenditure. All these touch points have an impact on conversion. Analytics provide systematic and scientific ways of analyzing and understanding the customers, processes and initiatives.

• Attribution Models use data across all channels and aids in defining which marketing elements are the introducers, influencers, and closers.


It follows customer’s online purchasing path from their first search all the way to the purchase or conversion as Consumers move from awareness, to interest, to consideration, to preference and eventually, to purchase for example The first step is to look at the problem it solves, and the second step is to have a description of what attribution modeling is. Imagine a simple Internet purchase: a $100 transaction from Zappos.com. A reader on The New York Times website sees a display banner for Zappos. It makes her think about sandals. She surfs on Zappos and other sites. After a beach weekend, she decides to order the sandals she looked at by typing “Zappos” into Google, and makes a purchase.
• It tracks all of the various touch points and credit them in order to truly understand the value of each of the marketing channels

• Attribution modeling helps in understanding what part of display plan is driving people to purchase and what isn’t