Thursday, July 29, 2010

Away from that place, called home.

Do I miss home? Do I miss my city? How have I adjusted so easily?
I am tired of answering these questions about a hundred times. Its obvious. Some people ask out of curiosity. Some people some ask out of concern. And some, simply out of awe.
Yes, they are surprised at how I have managed to move on so easily. Leave my home behind. Adjust.

The truth is, I haven't moved on. And that is what has helped me perfectly to adjust. To adjust to a  completely new environment. To a completely new life.
We only miss those things in life, which we leave behind.
I haven't left anything behind.

In a poetic way, I could say I have carried memories and thoughts along. This time, its that and much more.

Lessons learnt. With mistakes. Through experience. During arguments. Within problems. And solutions. I have carried every single lesson I have learnt in this short life I have lived so far. And, I continue to learn.

Relationships. Family. Friends. Crushes. Though that does not really qualify into a relationship!  Snapshots, mementos. And love.

Passions. Priorities. No, they haven't changed. I'm still a nerd. Or whatever you've judged me as. I am still growing up. The legacy of 'T'. Decisions have been altered. Goals have not.

Habits, I'm not gunna mention them. You know they are NEVER going to change. I might add few. But the ones I have, remains forever.

Finally, nature, I'm still a stubborn, mushy, spontaneous, stupidly smart, blunt at my sweetest, self-obsessed pacifist. I eat a lot. Talk a lot. And I'm impatient. Ironically, tolerant. And 'Diplomatic'. I am still the 'Pie'. To the wind. And many more. I can stare at the moon for hours. I still have butterfingers.

I'll change. In fact I am changing. Evolving. But carrying forward the good of my past to the future. Maybe some of the bad too. But do you care enough to know?

In spite of all these, you ask me if I miss home!
In simple words, I don't.  Because I carry it with me, wherever I go. The world, is my home. The reality, my life. The dreams, my vacations. And the ultimate best, my destination.

Looking forward to a fulfilling life in Delhi. Amen.

2 comments:

Zephyr said...

We only miss those things in life, which we leave behind.

Mera line! Cool. :)
And I love the fact that u have used fullstops instead of comas!

It should be 'The ones i have, remain' not 'remains'
Grammar^

Anyway, loved it. And i am glad i dint ask you the obvious!

Pie said...

Yes, tera line!
Hehe!

Oh I changed it, the grammatical error portion.

Thank god you didn't!

Thanks! Love you!!